Tuesday, July 5, 2016

To Work or Not to Work

To work or not to work. . . When your work hours are 11pm - 2am, or if the juices are really flowing 3am and later? Tonight I decided work. Each time I make the decision to fight the fatigue and put in some time in my studio I am happy. I am not filled with regret the next day when my energetic kids wake me up to play, play, play.  I am only excited to run back to my studio at the earliest opportunity to re-examine what I accomplished the night before and mentally plan for the next available painting session.
There are no shortage of paintings to work on. I have several pictured and not pictured that are in progress. The painting on the easel was commissioned at the end of May and is getting the most attention this summer. 

Sometimes it is difficult deciding which one to work on. The deadlines and the desires don't always match up.

Sometimes I look at the studio shots and feel like I need to spend a day organizing and cleaning . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment