Saturday, February 22, 2014

New Gallery Representation

EDIT: I am sorry to say that my relationship with the Crooked Canvas has mostly ended. Three photographs of Shullsburg remain there, but my paintings have all come home. It was wonderful to work with the owners but the gallery started to move in a different direction and my work no longer fit in as well. If you are in Shullsburg and you would like to explore your creative side stop in and schedule a time to create your own masterpiece!. 

The Crooked Canvas 
203 W. Water St.
Shullsburg, WI 53586
http://crookedcanvas.com

Is the current home of many of my paintings and photographs! 

I took a nice drive to Shullsburg, WI Saturday, February 22 to drop off a number of my paintings and photographs to be displayed in this new art gallery. It was an easy two hours from Cedar Rapids, about 40 minutes across the border from Dubuque, IA. I'm excited to have some of my art displayed in this gorgeous, light filled space.

Shullsburg, WI is a small town with good old fashioned charm. It is about 30 minutes north of Galena, IL and just under 2 hours from Madison, WI. It is the home of Shullsburg creamery, the producer of the delicious cheddar cheese that I often buy right here in Cedar Rapids. 

 It has a nice downtown area.

A few Antique shops . . . 

A few restaurants, like this one - The Water Street Pub and Eatery. In case you can't see the sign it is a self declared "Foodie Destination". I did eat lunch there and I will say that it was mighty delicious pub food.

Main Street is full of the architectural details that I love in small midwestern towns, like brick store fronts . . . 


Wrought iron stair cases and fences. . . 






And stores and restaurants with warm, inviting lighting on a cold winter day. 












1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimberly!! I was the other artist at the gallery on Saturday. I really like your work, and I hope things go well for both of our art work at The Crooked Canvas. :) I found this while looking up the Opening information for this weekend. I hope to make it there, and to talk with you some more.

    ReplyDelete