Sunday, December 22, 2013

Day After the Storm

Several inches of snow fell on Cedar Rapids last night. I had been looking forward to this snow storm for several days now. It didn't disappoint, however most of the snow fell at night which is always a bit sad for me because I love to watch it fall. However, it is nice to wake up to a fresh layer of clean white snow. The kids were chomping at the bit to get outside and jump in it, so we suited up and headed out shortly after breakfast. I took my camera with me to take some pictures of the kids, but ended up spending quite a bit of time on dormant plants. Fall colors are my favorite, and while almost everything is coated in a layer of white, there are still some vibrant colors to be found.



Before the snow came we had an ice storm. Again, most of the precipitation fell at night and the next day we were left with frozen streets and sunshine. 


We didn't get enough snow to cover my over grown lemon balm.



Remnants of my marigold plant. I love the shiny ice coating.





The remnants of my sugar snap peas. 

And I managed to snap two pictures of two of my children . . . that were in focus. They never stop moving!


Still forging ahead on three different paintings, none of which are finished yet . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment