Sunday, July 1, 2012

Kentucky Wonder Bush

5 1/8 x 4 1/2 x 5/8"
Oil on gessoed wood

I love sprouting bean seeds because the way the roots emerge and grow usually produces shapes and forms that I really enjoy working with. The last time I was at the gardening store I bought several different packages of beans for planting in my garden and sprouting for my art. The great thing about both activities is that each one is always an experiment. This year I am trying to plant a few varieties of beans in my garden in case they react slightly different to this crazy up and down weather we're experiencing and I kind of enjoy doing taste tests with the different beans. For my artistic purposes each variety of bean has a slightly different color and size, the color however is usually white, a shade of beige or black. When I opened the Kentucky Wonder Bush package I was delighted to find these lovely purply-pink beans. 


It was fun to vary my color palette a little and work with a lighter background. I look forward to playing with these beans some more and to seeing how they taste in a few weeks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment