Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Winter Views From My Bench

It's always a little easier to sit in my studio and work during the winter when it's cold and cloudy outside. I love the snow and I love to take the three monkeys sledding, but the garden isn't begging my attention, the lawn doesn't need to be mowed, the laundry is dried in a machine instead of on the line, etc. etc. The summer is always a very busy time outside and less productive inside. This is one reason I enjoy winter - I have more time to create indoors. I still can't help but spend some time gazing out the window at the snow or contemplating the patterns of frost that form on my old window though - especially when my kids are outside running, jumping, sliding and shrieking with joy.










The south facing window to the right of my bench is original to the house and consequently very leaky. I love the fabulous frost patterns and that are created on it though and the sweat that forms when the sun reaches it's high point in the sky. 





After several months of cold, snow and frost I'm ready for this view from my basement gardening corner.






No comments:

Post a Comment